Eight industry partners joined with Diversity Council Australia and Cultural Infusion in 2021 to establish a baseline for the state of diversity across the space, spatial and surveying profession, and the impact inclusive team can have on innovation, productivity, and staff retention.
The inaugural Space, Spatial and Surveying Inclusion@Work report maps the state of inclusion in our industry, and provides the business case for inclusion. Over 1000 people participated in the inaugural study over a six-week period from 16 August to 20 September 2021.
The report shows the incredible impact that inclusion can have on people and culture, showing that workers in inclusive teams are:
• 8.5 times less likely to leave their job in the next 12 months
• 7 times more likely to be very satisfied
• 6 times more likely to work effectively
• 6 times more likely to provide excellent customer service
• 5 times more likely to innovate
The Inclusion@Work report is an evidence-base for organisations, leaders, managers, and employees to identify where the industry needs to do more to target diversity and inclusion initiatives and build more representative and inclusive workplaces for everyone.